I get a lot of requests about ‘how’ this website was set up and what programs and systems we use to make our online business work. Naturally, I didn’t do this all by myself and have had heaps of help and support. I don’t know if these are the best systems or resources out there, but we use them and we are happy with what we have got.
Just about every resource listed has an affiliate program and if you join a program or purchase something through these links then I will receive a ‘thank you’ from the company providing that product or service to you. You don’t get charged any extra. The ‘thank you’ comes from their marketing budget. After all, they make money on every sale and they don’t make sales without marketing. Affiliate sales are an integral part of their marketing system.
Where did I get the support to get started with this website?
Andrew & Daryl Grant of Our Internet Secrets – Andrew and Daryl Grant earn 7 figures a year in passive income as successful internet entrepreneurs with no technical background. Don’t ask them to build a website – they don’t know how! But they do know a lot about internet marketing and what sells. They have a simple 6 step formula for making money selling information to people searching the internet and the best place to find out more is to attend one of their workshops and meet them in person.
Where did I get the domain name?
Who does my hosting?
Who maintains this website?
What Customer Management Solution (CMS) do I use?
Aweber – anti-spam compliant email marketing campaigns made easy.
What billing systems do we use?
Clickbank – for product sales and affiliate tracking. Clickbank is a secure online retail outlet for more than 17,000 digital product vendors and 110,000 active affiliate marketers that was founded in 1998. Clickbank makes a sale somewhere in the world every three seconds, safely processing more than 27,000 digital transactions a day. Clickbank serves more than 200 countries, and are consistently ranked as one of the most highly-trafficked sites on the web.
Paypal – secure online banking all over the world.
Who put together our adwords campaign and does SEO?
The Interactive Group – connecting internet users to real businesses and brands.
Is there anywhere you can get legal precedents?
Business-in-a-boxTM – Includes over 1,500 business documents such as contracts, legal agreements, board resolutions, meeting minutes, letters, spreadsheets, plans, proposals, press releases, policies, forms and checklists. Business-in-a-boxTM is an essential tool to help you start, run & grow your business like a pro and has different precedents for different countries so that you know you have the right information wherever you live.
Who are my business Mentors?
The Entrepreneurial MotherTM – Denise Hall is THE entrepreneurial motherTM with management consulting experience, highly-connected networks and no nonsense approach she is great at keeping me focussed, motivated and making progress!
The Australian Women’s Mentoring Network – Catherine Seton just wanted to help professional women to connect and share knowledge. The AWMN has an active presence on LinkedIn and is an excellent place to network and learn as well as providing me with the opportunity to share and mentor others.
Wonderful Web Women – is an exciting new website that every woman who wants to make an income from the internet should know about. Janet Beckers is an amazing hose and Wonderful Web Women is a must see if you want to learn from the most successful women on-line.
Bits and Pieces
How do I make the videos on the blog?
- I use notebook to write something of between 400-600 words. I have found that I talk to long if I don’t write it down first. That’ll give you an audio of about 3min or less.
- I have windows, not sure what you are using, but in windows programs I go to – Accessories – Entertainment – Sound Recorder
- You can use Sound recorder with an inbuilt mike or an external mike. I got one from JB HiFi for about $15
- Sound recorder only records in 60 sec grabs, so you just stop and start recording again at a natural break. Can’t hear the change.
- I use powerpoint to make my slides. I made a template with the logo on the bottom and just create all the slides from that.
- When I have finished making my slides, I “save as” jpegs – there is an option in the save as menu to do that, and then it asks if you want that slide, or all of them.
- Once I have my audio and slides, I import the lot into windows movie maker.
- Windows movie maker allows you to drag the audio onto a timeline and add in the slides where you want them. You can then add transitions and captions and all sorts of fun stuff, including video.
- When done, save to computer as wmv file.
- I then upload to YouTube and input the embed text into the blog.